Sunday, March 4, 2012

Full Testimony Robyn Gill, Qld., Australia


After a 3 month AIR in Jingdezhen, China 2008 I was overwhelmed when I received notice that I had been selected to participate in the 37th Gangjin Celadon Festival.  Only 20 Artists are selected from around the world.  This tour included Artists from the U.S. Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Israel and Europe and this experience has been the highlight of my Ceramic career.  We met and worked with so many different Artists.
After the Festival we toured South Korea with the group and visited many National Treasures and their Studios.  No matter where we went in South Korea everyone was so giving and friendly.  I will never forget the hospitality we all received during the two weeks in South Korea.
One of the last days in South Korea we visited the Studio of Mooto Jeon Seong-Keun in Yeoju and when we were inside I realized that I had first seen his work in a publication in China and one of my pieces selected for the Gangjin Exhibition was inspired by his work.
My husband & I continued on to China where I did another AIR @ Sanbao Ceramic & Art Institute.  After a couple of days Arthur informed me that I was lucky enough to be invited back to Korea to study Porcelain Carving with Mooto Seong-Keun (Korea’s top Porcelain Carver).  We were welcomed into their Studio, home and dinner table.  I am so privileged to have spent this time with Mooto and I have many cherished memories, new ideas & new ways to Carve Porcelain.
It is impossible to say everything about all the Korean people we met and worked with, but I am sure they all know how much we appreciated their never ending Friendship & Hospitality.
All the friendships we have made with the other Artists selected for this tour is the other bonus of this trip.
Humungous thanks to Arthur & Mary without whom this amazing trip would not have been possible.
Whoever is reading this Testimony is obviously interested, so don’t wait another second to fill in the application as this will be a life changing experience to anyone who loves CERAMICS.
Thank-you Gangjin and Morning Earth!
Robyn Gill, Qld., Australia

We know that you are interested in seeing what Robyn did under Master Jeon.  Who knows, you may be the next to study with Master Jeon or another artist.  But of course we can’t promise that will happen.

Robyn Carving and Robyn’s Carving



Would you like to learn about these events another way?  Click onto these various links.

Welcome       Registration      Itinerary





No comments:

Post a Comment